Update 2/27: listen to conference here. Thanks to the 100+ people who came out and participated!
This coming Sunday join Insurgent Notes for a day-long series of discussions around the Trump presidency and the way forward for the revolutionary left. In addition to co-organizing this conference I will be offering some prepared remarks along with comrades Shemon Salam and Amiri Barksdale on the panel "Against Whiteness Again". Here is the day's program:
Agenda for Insurgent Notes Public Meeting
Sunday, February 5, 2017
CUNY Graduate Center
365 Fifth Avenue/Room 5409
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Coffee/Registration/Introductions
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM Getting Started—Welcome and Review of Agenda
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM Making Sense of the Election Campaigns & Their Results: A Conversation
Claire Cahen, Loren Goldner, Arya Zahedi
12:30 PM – 1:15 PM Anti-Fascism and the Alt-Right: Presentation by Matthew Lyons, Three Way Fight
1:15 PM -- 1:45 PM Lunch & Informal Conversations
1:45 PM – 2:30 PM For Women’s Liberation in an Age of Reaction: A Conversation
Zhana Kurti, Wilson Sherwin
2:30 PM – 3:15 PM Against Whiteness Again: A Conversation
Amiri Barksdale, Shemon Salam, Jarrod Shanahan
3:15 PM -- 3:45 PM Brief Reports on Organizing Projects
3:45 PM -- 4:30 PM Open Discussion—Reactions to the Meeting/Unanswered Questions
4:30 PM – 5:00 PM Wrapping Up—Possible Next Steps
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM Social Gathering
1. At least half of the time in all sessions will be reserved for participant discussion.
2. Lunch will be catered; we’d like to ask participants not to leave the building during lunch.
3. The Graduate Center is wheelchair accessible.
4. We will have a video connection—via google hangout— to enable remote participation. There will be an easy sign-in by way of a web link. Interested individuals should send a message to email@example.com by January 31, 2017 to request the link.
5. Contributions will be solicited to cover meeting costs.
6. A picture ID is required for admission to the Graduate Center.
7. Pre-Registration—we strongly encourage pre-registration. Send an email message with name, best email address and cell phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferably by January 31, 2017.
8. We hope to have audio, and possibly video, recordings of the presentations and discussions. 9. If you have any difficulties getting to the meeting, please send an email to the editors’ address on February 7th to obtain assistance.